Skip to main content
Expected Learning Outcomes
College of Science
Ph.D. in Neuroscience
- Master a basic theoretical understanding of the electrical properties of the cell, development of the nervous system, synaptic transmission and systems neuroscience including the overall structure and function of the nervous system.
- Learn modern techniques in neuroscience by conducting experiments in laboratory rotations and thesis research.
- Be able to critically read and evaluate primary literature.
- Develop professional skills in grant writing, manuscript publication, and scientific presentations as well as didactic lectures.
- Obtain training in the responsible conduct of research and develop a thorough understanding of research ethics.
- Design, conduct, defend and publish an original body of dissertation research.