Skip to main content
Expected Learning Outcomes
College of Science
Ph.D. in Chemical Physics
- Have an advanced understanding of the main branches of physics, namely classical mechanics, classical electrodynamics, quantum mechanics, thermodynamics and statistical dynamics, solid state physics, atom physics and high energy physics.
- Have sufficient understanding of research design, methods of data collection, and methods of data analysis to design and conduct research in their area of specialization.
- Complete original research that contributes to knowledge in their area of specialization.
- Write effectively about physics and astronomy topics, making well-organized arguments supported by relevant evidence.
- Be prepared to hold a faculty position in higher education or a research-related position in the public, private, or nonprofit sectors.