Skip to main content
Expected Learning Outcomes
College of Fine Arts
Master of Arts in Teaching – Fine Arts (MAT)
- The Candidate creates developmentally appropriate and challenging arts learning experiences based on each student’s strengths and needs.
- The Candidate collaborates with families, colleagues, and other community professionals to promote student development utilizing the arts as a base of inspiration.
- The Candidate implements authentic formative and summative assessment strategies that are aligned with selected arts teaching strategies and methods.
- The Candidate creates a learning culture that encourages risk taking in the creative process for individual learners to advance their own understanding and knowledge.
- The Candidate collaborates with students to establish a positive learning climate of openness, respect, support, and inquiry by utilizing a variety of classroom management strategies, such as cuing, proximity, call/response, and movement.
- The Candidate knows the content of the art discipline and conveys accurate information and concepts.
- The Candidate engages students in applying methods of inquiry.
- The Candidate understands and practices a range of developmentally, culturally, and artistically appropriate instructional strategies.