- College of Architecture and Planning
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Health
- College of Humanities
- College of Mines and Earth Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Science
- College of Social and Behavioral Science
- College of Social Work
- David Eccles School of Business
- Honors College
- S.J. Quinney College of Law
- School for Cultural and Social Transformation
- School of Dentistry
- School of Medicine
- Undergraduate Studies
Expected Learning Outcomes
College of Architecture and Planning
City & Metropolitan Planning
Ph.D. in Metropolitan Planning, Policy and Design
The doctoral degree in Metropolitan Planning, Policy and Design helps meet society’s need for researchers, scholars, teachers, and thought-leaders who will contribute significantly to making our metropolitan areas sustainable and resilient.
- Anticipate and manage change regarding metropolitan planning, policy and design.
- Craft and implement policies to facilitate desired change in these areas.
- Guide the growth and development of the built environment to achieve desired outcomes.
- Advance knowledge and practice in metropolitan planning, policy and research.
- Communicate this knowledge to specialized and general audiences, so it informs and inspires best practices, through writing and speaking.