- College of Architecture and Planning
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Health
- College of Humanities
- College of Mines and Earth Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Science
- College of Social and Behavioral Science
- College of Social Work
- David Eccles School of Business
- Honors College
- S.J. Quinney College of Law
- School for Cultural and Social Transformation
- School of Dentistry
- School of Medicine
- Undergraduate Studies
Expected Learning Outcomes
College of Science
B.A. in Mathematics Teaching
The Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics Teaching prepares students for a career teaching Mathematics in secondary schools. Students completing the program will have a deep understanding of mathematics and will be able to adjust their teaching to the level of the students.
- Students will have an understanding of central concepts, major results, and connections between mathematical topics, particularly those related to secondary mathematics education.
- Students will understand the structure of the discipline and tools of inquiry; in particular, they will have a clear understanding of the problem solving process, and be able to utilize it in novel situations.
- Students will develop multiple representations of major concepts and relationships, as well as examples and algorithms which pertain to secondary mathematics curriculum.
- Students will be able to communicate mathematics effectively, and be able to analyze the reasoning of others to determine its mathematical accuracy.
- Students will develop understanding of how mathematical knowledge is acquired, and use it together with their knowledge of content and secondary mathematics curriculum to develop effective lessons.
- Students will meet State requirements for the Level 4 Mathematics Endorsement, allowing students to teach all math classes at the junior high and high school level.
- Students will meet State requirements for secondary licensure.
- Students will be proficient in a second language.