- College of Architecture and Planning
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Health
- College of Humanities
- College of Mines and Earth Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Science
- College of Social and Behavioral Science
- College of Social Work
- David Eccles School of Business
- Honors College
- S.J. Quinney College of Law
- School for Cultural and Social Transformation
- School of Dentistry
- School of Medicine
- Undergraduate Studies
Expected Learning Outcomes
College of Science
B.A. in Mathematics
The Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics prepares students for postgraduate study or employment in a variety of professions requiring the ability to analyze problems and think critically. Students pursuing the B.A. in Mathematics are prepared to work in research, education, government, business or industry. Although no emphasis is required, students may choose an emphasis in Statistics or Mathematics of Computation. An honors degree is available to students in the Honors College.
- Students will develop facility with and the ability to apply the concepts of differential, integral, and multivariable calculus.
- Students will develop facility with and the ability to apply the concepts of Euclidean vector spaces and matrices and ordinary differential equations.
- Students will be able to comprehend and construct logical, quantitatively and grammatically correct mathematical proofs.
- Students will be able to analyze and understand quantitative problems which arise in applications, with enhanced capabilities depending on choice of specialization. For example, specialized skill set areas include numerical analysis and programming in the Mathematics of Computation Emphasis, and deterministic or probabilistic models in the Statistics Emphasis.
- Students will be able to present and defend mathematical arguments, and to work individually as well as interactively in group situations, using oral, written, and graphic forms.
- Students will be proficient in a second language.