- College of Architecture and Planning
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Health
- College of Humanities
- College of Mines and Earth Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Science
- College of Social and Behavioral Science
- College of Social Work
- David Eccles School of Business
- Honors College
- S.J. Quinney College of Law
- School for Cultural and Social Transformation
- School of Dentistry
- School of Medicine
- Undergraduate Studies
Expected Learning Outcomes
College of Mines and Earth Sciences
Ph.D. in Atmospheric Sciences
To prepare students for careers in the atmospheric and related sciences which require the ability to conduct original research and/or advanced technical analysis and reasoning skills.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of dynamic meteorology, physical meteorology, and climate processes.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding and the ability to evaluate and synthesize research literature within a specialized area of the atmospheric and/or related sciences.
- Complete original research on a selected topic that contributes to peer-reviewed knowledge within the atmospheric sciences and/or related sciences.
- Possess the ability to communicate with peer and lay audiences using scientific evidence.
- Be prepared to take positions in the public, private or academic sectors that require the ability to conduct original research and/or advanced technical analysis and reasoning skills.